Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Finally in Istanbul!!

Monday the 30th of June:
The weather is nice, here I am in Istanbul sweating a lot, which for most of us doesn't seem quite as nice :) Our hotel, Grand Halic is a good hotel. The rooms are nice and I live with two friendly dutch guys. We walk to the University which takes like half an hour. Our first day started with an introduction of all the participants and teachers. We got a little tour in the University as well.....time passes..... Now we,ve listened to the first lecture and introduction to Calligraphy! It was interesting even though I was a bit tired after a quite stressy lunch. Before we were out eating with two of our turkish friends. We waited for the food to come and realized we couldn't make it until 14.00 when we were suppose to start in the afternoon. Anyway, some of the technical guys didn't show up on time so the all hurry was quite useless. (Well, enough of that! :)
In the evening we all went out to drink in Taksim. It was fun and I had a couple of beers and we all had Raki! (Don't know the spelling) Skal!!! (but with a dot over the a). I was back at the hotel at 2 I think.
Next day we started with a short summary of the schedule and after that we started with some brainstorming and mind mapping. Suddenly we had to leave for the boattrip, stressy again.... But we waited for like half an our anyway.....surprise:)! The boattrip was really nice!! I wanted to jump into the water.....almost. After the boat arrived at the Museum we had a quick lunch before entering. In the Museum of Calligraphy we were divided into two groups and we had a guided tour. I was in the last one so we began with waiting in the cafe....The Calligraphy collection was inspired even tough it looked quite the same to me. I recognized the signature of the sultan, which we were shown during the lesson. We took the boat back home and it arrived at the same side as our hotel. Yippii!!! In the evening I was out and had a Kebab and a coffe at Starbuck's and now I lying here... lol

No comments: