Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Swedish research center and Yakup 2

The visit to the Swedish research center was really nice yesterday,I learned a lot about some Swedish people that I have never heared of .... but it was really interesting though. The wine and crackers were excllent.
As far as I know there is no such Austrian Institute in Istanbul ... the Austrian Institut Istanbul is just for Turks who want to study German .... but I found out that the Austrians have a really nice Konsulate here in Istanbul - have a look.
The dinner at the restaurant Yakup 2 we went to was quite an experience, first we had Mese, the turkish way to start ... delicious and then there was a power failure so we were sitting in the candle light, eventually we got our food too, an excellent fish on my plate... when it came to the bill, there was a difference of 100 YTL between the actual amount and wha they wanted, but it was just a mistake ...
:)
Thomas said that there was a film shot there at the restaurant - but I cannot remember the name of it!

No comments: