Friday, July 4, 2008

Mikado!

A lot a small things happened, but sometimes they have a large effect on me and my thoughts.
.. When talking about the "walking on the snow without leaving traces"-t-shirt Mary said that it may be about not leaving traces in other peoples lives.
.. I can write "I love you" in four more languages now; Jag älskar dej, Ka te Ljubem, Ti amo & Qishterv :)
.. I'm not the only one who played with Kapla in my youth, Tove did too.
.. Saying spädbarnsmassage really fast in Swedish is pretty near impossible.
.. Someone thought up the idea to combine Chinese calligraphy and the English language, an Chinese image for the word horse, made up of the latin letters h o r s and e. Nice :)

I finally understood the meaning of "the environment creates the meaning"! We thought of creating a mobile for baby's with calligraphic sura's as parts of the mobile. But it would be of no use when the parents wouldn't tell the background stories of the sura's. So the tarket group should be Islamic parents. There the environment creates the meaning for the calligraphy, without that it is meaningless.

Today (Thursday) I (together with Birgit and Angelika) also went to the Istanbul Modern, a museum with modern art from Turkey. They had some nice things in there. The coolest thing was a ceiling of books. They hang the books up on the ceiling with wires and created a second ceiling. Very cool.

After the museum I walked back to hotel and went out to have some diner -I was starving- with Roy and most of the Swedish students; Andreas (roommate and teammate), Kristina (aka Koko), Maria, Sofia and Tove. We ate some very nice noodles, spaghetti and pizza and afterwards went for a experience with dondurma (Turkish icecream) and had a drink with live Turkish music while playing Mikado using chopsticks from the Wagamama.

Sleeping time now...

2 comments:

Bridie said...

hey,

I liked the museum too, yesterday ...

could you send me the exact sentence from your t-shirt ... thanks!
Birgit

lode said...

before loving
learn to walk on the snow
without leaving traces

And, as I just discovered, under the text it says: old turkish proverb :)